Friday, October 19, 2007

Mints on the Mount

Yesterday evening I went walking up Mt St Benedict with a friend. I used to do it practically every evening, but having not done it in a while, my muscles are hurting today.

When we got to the church we decided to go in. The place was unusually quiet, perhaps because it was nearing 6 p.m. and the monks, who would normally be preparing to chant around then, were not around.

Walking around inside the church, I noticed a KC dinner mint laid at the feet of the small statue of St. Ann and the child (Jesus?) The side of the mint facing me said "I love you." As always, curious to see what was on the other side, I turned it around: Patience.

I told my friend to go and look at it and I went outside to see if the circular rainbow we had seen on the way up was still there. She came outside and said: "You know there was another mint by the St. Joseph statue. It said: Let me be the one."

Obviously someone was offering KC dinner mint prayers.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home