Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Many hands. Lightwork. (with video)

My friend Glen, measuring a piece of wood in his factory workshop.
*
At this point I must say thank you to those of you who have been keeping up with these window lamp updates. Any interest and energy you are putting toward the lamp-work process so far is helping it all to happen. This is the kind of project (as you will see in the end) that not only one person can do. Many people will have to come together, physically and otherwise, to make it really happen. This is what I am inviting you to be a part of.

(Don't mean to sound like I'm receiving an Academy Award, but ...) A special thank you also to my friend Glen who, when I took the window to his workshop and decided upon the way in which it should be constructed further, immediately set to work on helping me achieve that vision. He had other important work to do, but he put it aside to help me with the construction. Even when I said: "Look, we can do this tomorrow you know" ... he said: "No. I would rather do it now."

Now is Wow, after all.

The short video below shows what is becoming of this window. You will begin to see it taking its new shape. A few people (in TT) have contacted me to say that they are having trouble viewing the videos (due to slow internet or other issues). That's a pity. I really wish you could see the clips, especially this one, as the window undergoes transformation. I have kept all clips as short as possible to make it easier for you ... so be patient, let it load while you do something else on your computer, then go back to it and view smoothly.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Elspeth,
I am truly enjoying being involved in this process. It is such a wonderful use of social networking.

7:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well. What will this BECOME?
I know... be patient.
Carolyn

8:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home