Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Smoke Ceremony (with video clip)

Late one afternoon, just before sunset, I went under the sapodilla tree, lit two sticks of Chandan incense and sat in front of the window playing my thumb piano. I was hoping for inspiration, since at the time, I didn't know what the window would be for. A short video clip capturing a snippet of that evening makes me think of an indigenous smoke ceremony ... for cleansing, healing and giving thanks. It is necessary to do that before we move forward with this project (or with anything for that matter ...)

We clear away what is no longer needed.
We invite what is.
We give thanks.

(Below video is only 38 seconds. Press PLAY to cleanse, heal and give thanks before we proceed).

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

beautiful.

11:18 AM  
Blogger Lynn Cohen said...

I feel calm and cleansed. Nice break in my day, thanks...

6:57 PM  
Blogger Gary said...

I could sense the smell. I will light two sticks of incense here, too.

5:35 AM  
Anonymous halls in los angeles said...

Thanks for post i was curious about this

2:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home