Monday, January 21, 2008

The Very Day of Love

Chookooloonks has spearheaded another postcard swap. Last time the theme was Beginnings. This time it is ‘Love’ (since Valentine’s Day is approaching). I made my cards on Friday evening. I will post them today so they'll reach to their destinations ‘on time’. By ‘on time’ I don’t mean for V-as-in-Valentine’s Day specifically. In this case, V-Day can stand for "Very Day". Each card will arrive on the Very Day it is meant to be received by that person.

Speaking of love and postcards … when I was leaving St. Lucia, I got to the airport a bit early. To pass my time, I went across to the beach and bought two of those little smoke herring and bakes and sat by the water eating them. I then returned to the airport and spent my remaining small change on a postcard and some stamps. The card featured two dolphins leaping together out of the ocean. It was so beautiful, I wondered who I could send it to. On the back I wrote: “Dear Elspeth …”. I can’t remember my exact words now, but basically I wrote a short love letter to myself, signed it: “Love, Elspeth”, addressed it to myself, stuck on the stamps and dropped it in the little airport post box.

I’ve been back in TT over two weeks and the card, which should have arrived by now, has not. Maybe it will come on the Very Day.

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Andreamuse said...

Very Day. I like that. I think it could apply to anything in life...

10:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think it will come on the Very Day.

11:54 AM  
Blogger Elspeth said...

No better day than the Very Day.

6:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home