Friday, January 18, 2008

Meeting bloggers for the first time


(Update: ironically this week's Sunday Scribblings is 'Fellow Travelers')
*
Today on her blog, one of Kikipotamus's meme answers was her post about the time we first met when I was in Toronto in May 2007. It made my heart feel warm and brought back such fond memories ... of not only a great six weeks in TO, but that great day of unfolding surprises and magic around every corner.

It is funny how in this modern age the internet is bringing together people who may never have met otherwise.

Yesterday I met the blogger Andreamuse for the first time. I think I first encountered her when she left a comment on my blog. She is a writer from Florida who had been seeking Trinidadian blogs because she and her husband were moving to Trinidad, where he would be lecturing at the University. What a small world. Last week when they moved here, the world got even smaller. Turns out she is living about fifteen minutes walk from me in St. Augustine! What are the odds of that?

I took her up to Mount St. Benedict, where we looked around for a while (the view, etc.) then sat under a cool tree eating snacks and chatting. It was great little interlude in my day ... not only because I was meeting her, but also because I was 'escaping' from writing a proposal which had me feeling agitated because I'm one of those I-wish-I-could-just-do-the-creative-part-and-let-someone-else-write-proposals-and-budgets kind of people.

Had to cut short the session on the Mount with Andreamuse to go to my appointment for a wellness massage (birthday gift voucher given to me by my parents last October). But we will meet again. Welcome to Trinidad, Andrea. I hope you find inspiration.

Labels:

9 Comments:

Blogger Shari said...

Wow. What a neat coincidence. I enjoyed reading about it.

11:48 AM  
Blogger Andreamuse said...

I had such a great time! It was so peaceful up there. I hope your proposal is going smoothly! (I walked up to the market today!)

12:13 PM  
Blogger Elspeth said...

Glad you found the market. It's much cheaper than HiLo.

12:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lovely story - hope you travel together again soon ;~)

2:10 PM  
Blogger storyteller said...

What a small world! My oldest nephew lives on Trinidad Island with his wife and two kids while working for Tidewater. They've lived in Singapore and Mexico as well, intending to return to the States when their kids reached school age, but that didn't happen. Both kids are in school and everyone (except the grandparents who live in California) seems happy.

Thanks for visiting Sacred Ruminations and asking a question about ACIM. In the beginning I didn't see much change in me. However now I believe it's shifted my perceptions gradually over the years and improved the quality of my life (and interactions with others) significantly. I'll give this more thought and respond more fully on my blog later.
Hugs and blessings,

2:16 PM  
Blogger Mother of Invention said...

Thank you so much for your visit following Storyteller's music trail! I'm so glad you loke my song, lyrics and voice! It was my very first!

Welcome to the blogging world! You are lucky to have already met one in person! I have blogged for almost 3 years and have never met a blogger.

2:30 PM  
Blogger Tumblewords: said...

Glad to meet your blog! Serendipity makes the banal heat up! Wonderful story and beautiful art! Coming back to explore further...

5:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good to find you fello blogger!


leveller

8:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How cool is that? I love the way blogland has allowed kindred spirits to find one another. And that Andreamuse lives 15 minutes from you? Coincidence, indeed. Ha!

11:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home