Wednesday, January 16, 2008

You are what you eat

Over the weekend I went to a friend's house to visit and have lunch. At one point we were standing at opposite ends of the room, chatting across the floor. "Oh, here!" she said suddenly, tossing a brown thing to me. It was the heart-shaped potato featured in these photos. She then gave me a heart-shaped rock and said she couldn't think of anything else to give me for Christmas (belated gifts).

She told me that she had been having a dinner the other night and the guests were all around, helping. She had dipped into the bag of potatoes to make some aloo and her hand pulled out the heart-shaped spud. She immediately thought of me (I guess because I'm always finding heart-shaped things in nature) and quickly hid it, before anyone else saw it and added it to the pot.

Last night I boiled it in its skin (to keep the heart whole) and, when it was done, sliced it into four, spread cottage cheese on each segment and sprinkled black pepper on the cottage cheese. I then ate it for dinner.

Labels: , ,

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, that IS perfect!

Great talking to you, too!

Andreamuse

3:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is fantastic :)

9:08 AM  
Blogger Janet said...

LOL I'm always finding heart shaped things in nature, too :-)

Now you've got a love potato inside!

Happy Love Thursday!

3:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, that is one unusual potatoe!

Happy Love Thursday.

6:35 PM  
Blogger Michelle | Bleeding Espresso said...

Love the potato and your treatment of it :)

2:54 AM  
Blogger shaz said...

cute story! :)

6:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home