Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Working quietly with the Universe

Universal Undercoat ... for painting the Universe (and the lamp)
*
After today, there will be no more online updates on the window lamp until the Thursday after Carnival. (But don't be surprised if some of you get updates in your dreams). The seven days away from the online updates will allow you to review the lamp's journey in a leisurely way and ruminate on what everything has meant to you so far. Meanwhile, behind the scenes I will continue to work quietly on the piece until Friday 1st February, after which I will cease for five days.

Before the crack of dawn on Saturday 2nd, I will leave and go to Toco (without the lamp) until Ash Wednesday ... for a silent retreat (my third). Many of my friends (even those who talk alot), when they hear about the experience, say they would like to try it (the silence) - and one of them is actually going to come this time. I told her she would not regret a moment of it. I love the location (perched aloft on the edge of the coast), no burglar proofing (sleeping with the fresh wind and sound of the sea blasting through open doors and windows), the food (healthy, scrumptious vegetarian banquets cooked by some women from the area), the silence (after the extended silence I wonder why we even bother to use words), the deep restfulness and relaxation (much needed), the water (steps lead down to the lovely private cove), the nothing-to-do-all-day but sleep, read, write, walk, swim, be in nature, meditate, explore (internally and externally), eat, think, not think ...

One comment left on yesterday's post asks of the lamp: "Well. What will this BECOME? I know... be patient." So true. Patience ... that necessary bridge across the time of 'waiting' for the mystery to unfold. Take a look at the below photo of the glimmering spider's web which was being built on a branch above the window when it was under the sapodilla tree. I noticed it the evening I did the smoke ceremony. Until we meet again, keep this image in mind and envision the Universe as an infinite web within which the large Cosmic Spider masterfully pulls everything together as it must be.


Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger Andreamuse said...

oh boy -- that retreat just sounds marvelous -- I might have to try that some time!

10:38 AM  
Blogger Hope said...

Very inspirational, thanks for the updates! Enjoy the Carnival, wish I could be there especially for Panorama.

10:50 AM  
Blogger Elspeth said...

Not doing anything Carnival related. Tocorama for me.

12:24 PM  
Blogger kundayi said...

True divine timing at work! I just walked in the door from work to find my mom blasting her gospel music and the only thing I could do or think was RETREAT! I came straight into my room to revel in the silence and opened my email to find this lovely gift of a reminder waiting. How funny - today is the one day throughout this process that I haven't seen the posting first thing in the morning (and of course it was there - I just didn't see it until now - when I needed it most).

My heart and soul have me rushing off Toco too wishing and dreaming of the silence, the regeneration and the escape from all things carnivalesque.

blessings!

5:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ok spider window lamp silence waiting. in my dreams.

9:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home