Monday, March 24, 2008

Changing landscapes

This morning as I ate breakfast I thought about the world and how big (yet how small) it is; not only geographically, but in terms of the amount of people on the planet. Of all of these billions of people, we will meet and get to know only a few in this lifetime.

Why those people?

Someone walks along a vast sandy beach. One of the grains of sand which stuck to her foot when she first started walking drops off miles later, right next to a grain of sand that it would never have been next to had the woman not walked that day.

The entire landscape changes.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger human being said...

All changed by the woman's walking!

And people complain that they do not have free will. I always tell my students that even their tiniest decision changes the whole universe... and they laugh at me.(or maybe they silently call me NUTS!
Some call such mystical stuff non-scientific and I'm really surprised!
Quantum physics is an old science now, but seems just few ones know about it.
Beautiful comtemplations in this post. Enjoyed reading it.
et...
oui, mon ami, seulement un peu de francais!
:)

7:32 AM  
Blogger Lynn Cohen said...

I love walking the beach of blogland and meeting all the people here from all over the world who feel like new friends found, beautiful like snippets of cloth, colorful threads, weaving a tapistry into and around my life making it all the more interesting and full every single day.

4:55 PM  
Anonymous Popsicle Recipes said...

Appreciate thhis blog post

10:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home