Thursday, April 03, 2008

Try it and see what you get

Stuck in l'embouteillage yesterday on the way back from POS.
Leather star hanging from my rearview mirror. Cement truck in front of my car.
*
When stuck in traffic, if you have someone with you (and some paper and a pen), here is a possible game to play, to while away the hours. Try an example now (below) and see what you come up with.

What to do:
1. Think of and write down 5 random single nouns (e.g. window, field, etc.)
2. Once you've done that, scroll down this page. Don't scroll down until you've written those words down somewhere.
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
**
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
3. Fill your words (in the order you wrote them down) into the blank slots to complete the poem:

Today when I woke up and saw the ______________,
I got goosebumps.
At once, I rose from my bed and went to the ___________.
A friend was there with this large _________ in her hands.
Giving it to me, she said: "Life is such a big _____________. Enjoy it!"
I smiled and danced around the ______________.

4. Feel free to put your completed poems in the comments. Would love to see what you've come up with.


Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger human being said...

Oh what fun I had! Thanks!
This is mine :

Today when I woke up and saw the ____wave__________,
I got goosebumps.
At once, I rose from my bed and went to the ____wind_______.
A friend was there with this large ___bird______ in her hands.
Giving it to me, she said: "Life is such a big ___sugar__________. Enjoy it!"
I smiled and danced around the ____water__________.

7:29 AM  
Blogger Elspeth said...

That's lovely.

6:23 AM  
Blogger Allenoel said...

I enjoy reading your blog and thank you for this enjoyable distraction.

Mine is:

Today when I woke up and saw the CAR,
I got goosebumps.
At once, I rose from my bed and went to the HOUSE.
A friend was there with this large FOOT in her hands.
Giving it to me, she said: "Life is such a big ARM. Enjoy it!"
I smiled and danced around the HEAD.

7:37 AM  
Blogger Elspeth said...

ha! That's funny.

5:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home