Saturday, November 12, 2005

Photomantra: HEALER.

(N.B. For those who will be doing the project, your chosen word/photomantra is not a 'theme'. E.g. your word may be "Laughter" but your photo is of a beachstone in the sand. The mantra has nothing to do with the content of your photo, which could be anything - from the most 'mundane' to the most 'exciting' subject. The point is to send the energy of your positive word/mantra into each image)
*
Today I will load up my camera with film. I've decided to go with a film set as well as a digital set of photos for this venture.
*
The film shots: I like the idea of leaving the prints in public places with messages written on the back, for random strangers to find. I also intend to use some of them to make Christmas cards.
*
The digital shots: Just a few. These will be for more internet-based applications. I'm going to e-mail one photo each to one person each - both friends and 'strangers' ... with my 'photomantra' as the subject heading and a little message, poem or maybe even no words at all in the body of the e-mail. By e-mailing 'strangers' I mean that sometimes one comes across e-mail addresses on websites where people say: "E-mail me." Some of these are the people I will send Healer images to.
*
My 'photomantra': Whenever I click my shutter, my word will be HEALER. The energy of this word, going into each shot, will have a two-fold effect: (i) I am being a 'creative healer', creating images which will have a healing effect (on some level and in some way) for those who receive it (ii) Everyone who receives one of the photos or finds them in random places will themselves go on to do a healing act for someone else. This will start a chain reaction of healing energy.
*
I wonder: How many people will actually embark upon this photographic mission also, believing that by being creative and having positive intentions, we can uplift ourselves and the world around us.
*
N.B. If anyone has a digital shot (only one, please) they would like to send to me to post here, please do. Send to my address on the right hand side of the page (the part that says E-mail me). Remember to include your word/photomantra with it. Thanks.
*
Elspeth

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home