Friday, November 18, 2005

Quelling Curiosity

Some people have been trying to guess who the recipient of the first annual Happy Hippy Hero(ine)'s Award could be. Be patient. The information will be revealed on Monday, bright and early.
*
Re Joanne's comment yesterday
about the use of the words 'Hero' or 'Heroine' ... Thanks. I hear what you are saying. I myself wondered if to just put 'Hero' ... but then I decided to put both - as in "Hero(ine)'s Award. In doing so I found it looked a bit sloppy to have the (ine) part in brackets ... but this is all part of the refining of the award. Hero can indeed be applied to both male and female. Maybe what I will do, when I design the 'logo' for it, I'll put an arrow and a cross coming from the O of HERO, so the male and female will be represented visually in a word traditionally seen as 'male'. I hereby rename the award: the Happy Hippy Hero's Award (with visually unisex O).

Image hosted by Photobucket.com


A rough example/work in progress - along the lines of what the logo could be.
Some may be wondering what the awardee will be receiving from Happy Hippy Productions. The HERO (with unisex O) will receive:
1. A financial donation from HHP (towards work being done) ... along with a prayer that the amount given will be multiplied further within the next year, thereby enabling the greater work that needs to be done.
2. A special commemorative item.
*
Stay tuned ...
*
P.S. Yesterday I went driving with some friends and took a few shots of people awaiting the TT Soca Warriors along the East-West corridor. Those of you who are interested can find them
*
Elspeth

3 Comments:

Blogger Kaivalya said...

Hooray for the Soca Warriors! Congrats to Trinidad! I know who I'll be cheering for during the world cup!

6:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Once again your creativity is shown..the whole concept is really good ..the draft for the logo is so cool...your kind of style..

i can actually see it on a shirt or on a product the design i mean...maybe an actual award can be given...you can make it so it has that special touch to it...or you can always purchase and put the logo on it.
truly gifted....indeed you are.

12:16 AM  
Blogger Elspeth said...

Thank you.

5:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home