Sunday, November 12, 2006

"I don't want to be a passenger in my own life."

I look at it as a symbiotic co-piloting experience. Sometimes I drive, sometimes Life takes over and drives for me. Sometimes I walk, sometimes Life picks me up and carries me.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

And my current favourite quote, which a friend has stuck on the dashboard of her car: "If you knew who walks beside you, fear would be impossible." (A Course in Miracles)
(For Sunday Scribblings ... #33: to respond to the prompt/statement which is a quote by Diane Ackerman and then list our favourite quote)

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like the idea of being carried by life. Thats the best, now and then!

As for whose walking beside me- I just hope it's not Job's God because I still find that frightening. . .

7:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great photo! And that is a good quote!

10:10 AM  
Blogger SpiffyTurtle said...

I must remember or write down that quote! Hey, it might even give me the courage to paint those walls. :)

K

6:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So, who walks beside you?

Most of us are rather this way or that way. Your approach is middle of the road. Why not?

Cheers

1:12 AM  
Blogger Elspeth said...

Who walks beside me? If I answer that, would it mean that (according to the quote) I 'really know' and therefore that I never experience fear? "Why do you doubt? The One who made you will take care of you." That Yogi Bhajan quote gives the same kind of feeling, but unfortunately doesn't mean that I always doubt. But I like those quotes because I find them empowering and a reminder. God (and I don't mean in a 'conventional religious sense') is an ever present Force ... but I also think/feel there are others 'walking' with me/us who guide and guard.

I don't quite understand what you mean by 'most of us are either this way or that way' but that I have taken the
middle road. Balance? Safety? Or a drunk person being told to walk on the white line?

11:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home