Thursday, April 19, 2007

Karishma

Last night, my new laptop spent the night at a friend's house. He is a music producer and he was souping her up with some new software. I will get her back today.

On my way into town yesterday to drop off the laptop and meet a friend for dinner, I was thinking of a worthy name for my new unit. I kept thinking of Satya, which is one of my favourite words.

Later, as my friend and I entered the restaurant, we encountered the husband of an old schoolmate of mine, holding their baby. He told us the baby's name - her middle name being "Karishma" which means "Miracle" in Hindi.

I quite liked the sound and meaning of it ... and during dinner I not only chewed on my food, but chewed on the idea of calling the lappie Karishma. (I guess Mac people will say that anything is a Mac is definitely a karishma in comparison to a PC).

Somehow this seems more like a laptop with an 'S' name. So may go with Satya ... but will swirl Karishma around for a while and see if it fits.

While on the topic of karishma, I think we need a karishma where PM Manning is concerned. I did not know whether to laugh, cry or scream when I saw the blaring headlines in today's Newsday: Latest on PM's $148M House: ROAD THROUGH BOTANIC GARDENS

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home