Thursday, April 05, 2007

Resurrection, please!

A short while ago I was upstairs talking to a friend (on my cellular phone, since my landline is still dead) when I heard the heavy drone of a truck pulling into the driveway. I looked out of the window and lo and behold, it was a TSTT repair van! My heart leapt. I hung up and raced downstairs, ran out to them and said to the driver: "I could hug you! You know how long I have been waiting on TSTT to come?!!" He looked surprised at how happy I seemed, but that was honestly my first reaction. Rather than anger and fed-upcy, I was really overjoyed and relieved to see them. At last I could see the light at the end of the tunnel of frustration and inconvenience.

One of the men got out and checked 'the box' outside the house. I kept checking the phone as he did so and it remained dead. As the technician came back to the van and got in, I asked him where he was going.

"To check the line down the road."

I asked him what was wrong with the line.

"We don't know. We'll check the line down the road."

I asked him if he was coming back.

"No. We will call in."

They stayed by the 'line down the road' about five minutes before driving off. I walked down the road in time to see them heading down the road, out of sight.

My phone is still dead.

Maybe for Easter it will resurrect.

Labels:

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

did your enthusiasm scare them off...

you should have taken a picture... well next time one of them comes take a picture for posterity...

10:48 PM  
Blogger Elspeth said...

Maybe I did scare them. Now my cellular phone isn't working either.

9:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

at this rate you may have to invest in a couple carrier pigeons :)

1:34 PM  
Blogger Elspeth said...

... and sharpen my telepathy.

3:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home