Saturday, November 19, 2005

The logo

It was suggested in a comment written yesterday that the logo for the HHH Award be used on t-shirts, etc.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
This is true of logos in general. They end up on 'everything'. Since the decision to have the HHH Awards was a fairly spontaneous one, I did not actually get around to getting a trophy or medal done up with the recipient's name on it (or the logo, since the logo was only inspired recently based on a comment made two days ago). It so happens that within a few days I will be going away again (until 31 December), hence my decision to present the award now (is wow) and not later in the year (hence very little time to initiate printing-of-logo-on-items activities).
*
Anyway ... This year's recipient will get a commemorative item in addition to a cheque, but the commemorative item will be handmade. Next year (and in years to come) it can be refined further, whilst still maintaining its organic feel.
*
Elspeth

3 Comments:

Blogger Kaivalya said...

I'm glad that the 'award' will be handmade, rather than printed and logo-ed. The world around us is so full of advertising and commercial messages - everywhere, from garbage bins to the wheels of taxis - that logos quickly become empty and forgettable. If I saw this 'logo' on a t-shirt, it would take some of the magic out of it for me.

Organic is good!

8:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Silver gull you are missing the point...you are placing Trinidad in an American category...
By having T-shirts made with the logo on it, can be a great way to generate money towards the "award" fund thus increasing the prize money for the recipient.
I’m not sure where Miss Duncan is coming up with the resources to fund this award but I’m guessing over time other ways would be needed to keep the funds flowing; that's where the T-shirts and the other products can come in.
The award is something positive and i personally feel because of that I would love to see other folks supporting it.


Peaceful Travels on your trip...spec

3:54 PM  
Blogger Elspeth said...

I don't think Silvergull 'missed the point - but rather made one.

In terms of the donation for the 2005 award, I am funding it myself. And I trust that there are others (individuals and corporations) who will be moved to add to what I am giving - in cash and in kind.

6:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home