Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Are you employed?

Image hosting by Photobucket
"God is the Boss" was emblazoned across this Bedford truck parked in Santa Cruz, near to where a large CPEP gang was cutting weeds at the roadside yesterday. Surprisingly, none of the workers were lounging, liming or chatting. God had them busy. The truck appeared to be one of a set of bright yellow vehicles with that same motto on their windscreens. (Painted on the side door in green was M & S Landscaping;Community Maintenance Limited; 675-3265). In fact, just nearby was a spanking yellow sporty-looking car with yellow window glass and yellow back & front windscreens with GOD IS THE BOSS spreading across the front screen.
I parked my car in front of the yellow sportscar and walked back down the hill a little way to take a shot of the truck. A woman and a man (he looked like the 'leader of the gang') dressed in dark blue overalls were standing chatting by the yellow sportscar. As I walked back to my car, the woman turned to me and said drily: "Yuh takin' a picture of de truck?" She didn't say it as a question, but as that half question-statement Trinis make when they're stating the obvious. E.g. "You're wet?" when you've just come out of the rain, drenched.
I said "I was taking a picture of the motto."
The man's face lit up and he said: "Yes! God is de Boss! God is de Boss!"
*
Elspeth

2 Comments:

Blogger Kaivalya said...

What a great story! I love the motto! When you're working for a greater cause or purpose then God really *is* 'de Boss' - and work itself becomes a form of praise and worship.

I'm curious - did the busy workers looked content and absorbed in their work? Do you think they had taken the motto to heart?

8:19 AM  
Blogger Kris Loya said...

Yes indeedy!HE is!
And BOY u have balls!
walking past them to take a picture of their truck. I want to be like you when i grow up. I am more of a grab a snap from d car and pray it comes out decent guerilla photographer.
I'm taking more risks but slowly.......i bow to your ballsiness!

10:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home