Friday, December 22, 2006

From darkness into light

Yesterday we had a Winter Solstice yoga retreat up at El Tucuche. Winter Solstice is a time of transition, moving from the darkness to light.

The kriyas we did in preparation for the long meditation were not too difficult, but because I was tired, they made me feel like this. I made it through. The meditation was a seated 62 minute one, chanting long Ek Ong Kar. The 62 minutes passed like nothing. It was a lovely feeling riding on the sound and vibrations of the different syllables of the chant (the ones that are held for a long time).

Afterwards I felt very relaxed and, after a while, became pensive and internal. When I left and came home I felt as though many emotions had been stirred up, like a foot had stepped into a river and aroused its bed, making it cloudy. As the evening wore on, I felt mixtures of sadness and confusion, but this felt like 'old things' clearing out.

There were many distinct messages in my dreams last night and I've woken up with clarity.

1 Comments:

Blogger SpiffyTurtle said...

Mmmm, clarity.

12:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home