Friday, June 16, 2006

Standing Tall

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

I know some people like the way they painted the old Port-of-Spain lighthouse over earlier this year as a tribute to the Soca Warriors ... but I had preferred it in the original plain white and was mortified the first time I encountered this new design and what I found to be garishly-put-together colours.

But yesterday after the match, as I drove home, the lighthouse suddenly didn't look so unsightly. In fact it was a proud national monument, standing tall, strong and confident in spite of heavy, dark, English-looking clouds.

*

Elspeth

2 Comments:

Blogger Elspeth said...

P.S. Oh, what a desperate game some people resort to playing at last minute when confronted by the real champions. Thank God for replays. May the truth (the whole truth) come to light. FIFA, Crouch's hair-grabbing desperation is not the only thing you may have to investigate in that match ...

11:26 AM  
Blogger Kris Loya said...

its not paint - its a temporary wrap that was placed on the lighthouse :)
I thought it was painted too at first.

8:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home