Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Renewing the promise

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
People have often told me that I'm 'so brave' or 'so courageous' and that always surprises me, because I don't think that I am.

What does it mean to be brave? It must be a relative thing, as is fear. I think if you see someone as 'brave' it means that they are doing or being something that you are afraid of doing or being yourself. But to them, that thing may be 'nothing'.

Once I made a promise to myself that even if I felt 'fear' I would 'go ahead anyway'. (Like that saying: Feel the fear and do it anyway). There were times when I have kept that promise to myself and times when I unwittingly did not. I will consciously renew it as of today, for what lies ahead. I don't want to ever look back and regret not doing or being something because of 'fear'. But at the same time I don't want to feel 'fear' and then blindly charge into something just because I'm "feeling fear and doing it anyway." So, in addition to renewal of that promise to myself, I ask for Wisdom and Discernment to accompany my feelings.

Now and then when I am strongly moved by something and feel it to be true, I write an original quote to myself (and, by extension, others). One such quote is written somewhere in the (early) archives of this blog: What you seek is just a little beyond the point that scares you.

2 Comments:

Blogger Elspeth said...

That's nice. Other people have said similarly

2:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful. I will remember that.

I like what Wayne Dyer says "As you think so shall you be". So if I think fearless, that is what I will be.

1:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home